So here’s our November and December 2018 update bulletin for the Hux Shard Paragraph 79 building near Exeter.
- The garage roof is being fitted.
- The foundations for the main house are complete.
- Structural timber trusses arrived on-site and installed.
- The first phase of the house is almost complete.
- We have also been carrying essential design work for M&E systems (Mechanical and Electrical).
In the images in this journal entry you can see an array of shards taking shape with their timber substructure. They will eventually be clad with a zinc “skin”.
The roof timbers you see below are a pretty hefty glue-lam affair all engineered off-site, sourced from local sources and engineered by a local supplier.
The Hux Shard design ethic is to manufacture locally and construct off-site, making components ready for efficient installation (without the head scratching). A para 55 / 79 building of this type is difficult to be absolutely modular but the architects, structural engineers and construction professionals are working hard to stay not just one but ten steps ahead at all times.